Cemre Shipyard attaches importance to the welding process beyond the frame determined by the international standards and classification rules.
• Cemre Shipyard had all its welding processes certified by WPSs (DNV, BV, TL) which are certified from the classification societies.
• Always classification certified consumption materials are used within the shipyard.
• Each welder to work at the shipyard is tested and certified in compliance with the international standards.
• All the welding machines in use are maintained periodically, and are calibrated at least once a year.
In addition to these, the whole process is continuously and strictly controlled by our Quality Control team;
• Welding grooves are controlled and approved prior to the whole erection welding.
• Carbon gouging welding grooves are controlled by the certified personnel by liquid penetrant test.
• The welding grooves opened during production are opened with special welding groove machines both for plates and pipes. The welding grooves are randomly controlled during the production, those which do not comply with the rules are changed.
• It is continuously controlled whether the welding is performed in compliance with WPSs which are hanged at various locations at the production site.
• In order to prevent high temperature input to the materials, all the welders are provided with appropriate temperature sticks. Moreover, the quality control team also performs such controls daily.
The production is realized with materials at various types and thicknesses until today. The unit is capable of processing material at a wide range from 2 mm to 300 mm. Cemre Shipyard carried out works with the material types listed below:
• Non-alloy steel and USA grade shipbuilding sheet metal
• Normalized alloy steel (For example, S460 NL) and A36, D36, E, E36 grade shipbuilding sheet metal
• For example, S690 QL
• Stainless steel (304, 316, 316L)
• Copper and copper alloys
• 5000 and 6000 series aluminum
Cemre Shipyard aims to keep the welding quality utmost level by application of NDT beyond those determined by international and classification rules. 50% UT from the butt welding of all the external coating, deck and water-tight curtains applied at the production site and 100% UT from all the butt welding at the stage of erection is taken and the preliminary controls are kept utmost level.
In addition to these controls RT which is 50% over the limits determined by the classification societies, is taken and these controls are supported. Other than these, full-pen corner welding for external coating, decks or the critical areas determined by the rules is also passed through UT controls. The control rates during these controls is min 20% and can go up to 100%.